Our Wants and Wishes List
- We are always looking for people who are interested in our local history. If you like history and would like to get involved researching and working on projects, let us know. If you want to be a historical detective this is for you.
- Any information about the dredging of Findley Lake in 1902-Where did they dredge? Did they use drag line or horses and slip scrapers? Where did they put the dirt? Who did the work? (See WL Nuttall's biography on this site)
- Anything related to Alexander Findley: His signature or where was his house or cabin location? Where was his house located when he moved into town to be closer to his mill? The closest artifact we have to Mr. Findley is a banister salvaged from his great granddaughter's house , his grandson "Carson Findley ll" built for her.
- More information about the steamboats. We have some boat pictures but not sure of names.
- There was an anchor found in the 1970's where the steamboat Daisy would have been moored. Where did that end up?(See Missing Anchor on this site under historical events )
- Early pictures of the inside or outside of the old cabins and houses around the lake.
- Any early pictures of the "town" of Mina Corners and its buildings. At one time it was called the "Capital of Mina" with all its buildings and industry.
- More information about Robert Corbet who bought Alexander Findley's Mill from his children.
- More information on the Revolutionary War Soldiers from our area.